AMPLDevSP is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) based on the popular Eclipse development platform; in essence it is a graphical interface for AMPL. In addition to linear programming model and integer programming model it also supports Stochastic Programming (SP), that is, optimization under uncertainty.
The stand-alone application comes to you as a complete bundle with all the necessary components: AMPL, Java and a number of established solvers (CPLEX, Gurobi, FortSP, IPOPT and others)
- A smart editor with context-sensitive syntax highlighting.
- Efficient error reporting with the ability to instantly go to the error location.
- Stochastic programming support through SP constructs and FortSP solver
- A solution view which organises and separates the results from the solving model.
- A project explorer that allows you to organise all your projects and corresponding folders with useful context menus that directly allow you to run AMPL files.
- Built-in interactive AMPL console.
- Outline view that shows the model components: parameters, sets, variables, objectives and constraints.
Who can use AMPLDevSP?
AMPLDevSP can be used by anyone who is considering an algebraic modelling language and would like a quick and easy way to start off the process of learning AMPL, and even for those who are already using AMPL and would like a modern IDE for this language.
The common areas that use such a tool are distribution, production, scheduling and other areas that have large scale optimization problems.