All aspects of our lives: political, economic, social and technological (PEST) have been adversely affected by COVID-19. The impact on financial markets has been unprecedented and much more than any other major financial crises the global financial community has ever witnessed. It has led to astounding economic downturn, massive unemployment and gloomy forecasts. The world has never witnessed such a dramatic decline of market indices like SP500, NASDAQ100, DJIA. Markets have been completely unsettled, VIX the Fear Index is behaving erratically; investors, traders and fund managers do not know which way to turn.
Set against this market turmoil, OptiRisk in partnership with UNICOM Seminars, had planned a series of online panel sessions where notable experts and professionals engaged in panel discussions.
In case you missed the sessions, or want to revisit them, links to recordings for the sessions are now available.
1. Trading and Hedging Strategies in a Turbulent Market
The panel session was held in the end of May in an online format. The panelists discussed questions like:
- What lessons have we learned from the COVID-19 crisis impact on trading strategies?
- What are the winning and losing strategies in this crisis?
- Will there be any long-lasting effects on the markets?
- Market Participants: (Market Makers, Discretionary Traders, Algo Traders, Investors, Fund Managers); The Winners and Losers
Click on the image below to revisit the session:
2. Fear, Greed and Irrational Exuberance: The Psychological Backdrop of Coronavirus; Its Spill Over Across the Asset Classes
This was the second panel session of the series and was held online in June.
Questions addressed during this panel session included:
- Early recovery of equities: why?
- Responses by the Central Banks: Convergent or Divergent?
- Impact on sovereign debt and corporate debt
- Unexpected rise of digital services
- Co-lateral damages
- Collapse of Oil Prices and other Commodities
- Hit on Major Corporates’ ESG and SRI profiles
To view the recording, click on the image below:
3. Finance Industry Challenge of COVID-19: Defending with Data, Statistics, Analytics, and Visualization
The final panel session of this series was held on July 2. The topics of discussion were:
- Global community has experienced an unprecedented attack
- The enemy is not human but a virus ravaging the body and soul
- Epidemiological models of disease spread
- Data driven models and Evidence based approach
- The investors are facing Contagion in the financial markets
- Epidemiologists, and behavioural finance experts: the defending army
Click on the image below to get the recording of the panel session:
OptiRisk’s annual trademark event – ‘Financial Evolution: AI, Machine Learning & Sentiment Analysis’ is going to be an online conference this year. This is a series of events focusing on different geographies. The first in the series will take place on 23-26 September 2020 with participants primarily from SE-Asia and India. The next event in the series will take place on 3-5 November 2020 that focuses on participants from Europe and UK.
The events will discover the applications of AI & ML in the financial services industry. The opportunities of sharing knowledge and exploiting IP in the finance domain are also going to be discussed. Additionally, it is a great chance for professionals from finance industry to interact and communicate with each other via this online mode of conference.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to in the event:
- Learn how you can benefit from the unprecedented progress in technological advances for yourself and your company
- Find out about the impact of Alternative Data from multiple sources
- Benefit from the experience of world class presenters from UK, US and India
- Gain exclusive insights into pioneering projects in AI, Machine Learning & Sentiment Analysis in Finance
- Programme includes the latest state-of-the-art research, practical applications and case studies
- Enjoy excellent networking opportunities throughout the days with all participants, including presenters, investors and exhibitors
Follow the links to learn more about featured speakers of the conference and take a look at the agenda:
23-26 September 2020: https://conference.unicom.co.uk/sentiment-analysis/2020/mumbai/
3-5 November 2020: https://conference.unicom.co.uk/sentiment-analysis/2020/uk-europe/