AMPLDev is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) based on the popular Eclipse development platform; in essence it is a graphical interface for AMPL.
The stand-alone application comes to you as a complete bundle with all the necessary components: AMPL, Java and a number of established solvers (CPLEX, Gurobi, IPOPT and others).
It is available for 32 and 64-bit machines, and are available for Windows (any version), Mac, Linux and Solaris.
For users who are new to AMPL, such as students who are learning optimisation modelling using AMPL for the first time, AMPLDev helps to easily get started. At the same time, it is beneficial for advanced users who need features such as the built-in interactive console, integration with version control systems provided by Eclipse and projects supporting other programming languages in addition to AMPL.
- A smart editor with context-sensitive syntax highlighting.
- Efficient error reporting with the ability to instantly go to the error location.
- Stochastic programming support through SAMPL.
- A solution view which organises and separates the results from the solving model.
- A project explorer that allows you to organise all your projects and corresponding folders with useful context menus that directly allow you to run AMPL files.
- Built-in interactive AMPL console.
- Outline view that shows the model components: parameters, sets, variables, objectives and constraints.
Who can use AMPLDev?
AMPLDev can be used by anyone who is considering an algebraic modelling language and would like a quick and easy way to start off the process of learning AMPL, and even for those who are already using AMPL and would like a modern IDE for this language.
The common areas that use such a tool are distribution, production, scheduling and other areas that have large scale optimization problems.
*Complete AMPLDev Manual
The complete version of the AMPLDev Manual which includes examples with source code and algebraic formulations is available in the Download of AMPLDev, or please send an email to: